Sometimes people, even well-meaning people, say just the wrong thing to artists and crafters, especially at shows and festivals. So we asked our Facebook followers to tell us the top things not to say to an artist or crafter, and we got some great responses!
10 Things Not to Say to an Artist or Crafter:
- “I’ll just get my friend to make me one of those.”
- “You know what you should make . . . ”
- “Do I get a price break if I buy two?”
- “I can make that myself.”
- “Why does it cost so much?”
- “How do you make this?”
- “Will you donate your artwork to our event? We can’t pay you, but it will be great exposure.”
- “My nine-year-old makes this kind of stuff too.”
- “Kids, this is what happens if you don’t go to college.”
- “I can buy that at Walmart for $3.99.”
Thanks everyone for your contributions! We hope you have a great day doing, you know, whatever artists and crafters do with all their time...
Do you have one that can be added to this list? Let us know about it on our Facebook page!
Do you need liability insurance for an upcoming art show or event? Our show policies start at $49. Click here to learn more about the Artists, Crafters, and Tradesmen Insurance Program.