With everyone stuck indoors for the next while, you might be wondering what you should be doing... MORE
Frequently asked questions
How does program insurance work?
Purchasing insurance through the ACT Insurance Program, you save money on premiums because you are part of a group acquiring insurance directly from a carrier. Programs allow businesses and individuals of similar industries to basically buy insurance in bulk from an insurer, resulting in lower individual premiums. You don't share coverage limits, just savings.
When is my insurance effective?
We don't believe in waiting, so your insurance policy becomes effective immediately after your online payment is verified. The verification process takes only seconds, and voila! You have coverage. You can print your insurance certificate immediately after purchasing and additional insureds can be immediately added at no extra cost.
If I no longer need my insurance, can I get a refund?
All our policies are 100% fully earned, which means there are no refunds.
Who qualifies for this program?
Some programs make it difficult to know whether or not you qualify. Here at ACT, we make it easy.
Show Policy Qualifications:
If you are an artist, craftsman, or tradesman, then you qualify. There are some restrictions on types of events or businesses:
- Craft Fair
- Art Festival
- Farmers Markets
- Seasonal Fairs/Shows
- Trade Shows
- Disc Jockeys (DJs)
- Christmas Tree Lot
- Pumpkin Patches
- Martial Arts Events
- Birthday Parties
- Sporting Events
- Any Activity Involving Live Animals
- Any Activity Involving Motorized Equipment or Vehicles
- Political Rallies, Demonstrations, or Events
- Narcotic Related Events
- Sales or Distribution of Narcotics
- Directing, Hosting, Organizing, planning, promoting, or sponsoring a fair, festival, show, or similar event
- Three-Dimensional Installation Artwork
- Performing Artists/Musicians
- Medical Professionals
- Weapon, Knife and Ammunition Exposures
Annual Policy Qualifications:
Because our annual policy is more comprehensive and includes products coverage, there are a few restrictions on who qualifies:
- Artists/Painters (Not for Home & Commercial Painting Companies)
- Art Work
- Glass Blower
- Paper Crafts
- Wood/Metal Crafters
- Scrapbooking Products
- Disc Jockeys (DJs)
- All Ingestible Food or Drink Products - For food & beverage liability insurance visit fliprogram.com.
- Any Product Requiring a Prescription
- Architecture or Design Professionals
- Art Galleries
- Artisan Contractors
- Beauty or Health Services that are provided by an insured for a fee
- Candles Including Liquid Fuel Gel or Wax Melts
- Children's Furniture
- Children's Toys
- Commercial Painters
- Construction Operations
- Directing, hosting, organizing, planning, promoting, or sponsoring of a fair, festival, show, or similar event
- Medical Equipment/Devices
- Medical Invasive Products Intended to Stay in the Body
- Performing Artists
- Portrait Photography - For photography insurance, visit fullframeinsurance.com
- Videographers - For videographer insurance, visit fullframeinsurance.com
- Products Designed for Infants, Toddlers, or Children
- Retail Storefronts – Premises May Be Owned or Leased Mainly for Use for Working and Not for Retail Sales
- Saddles, Harnesses, or Horse Furnishings
- Salon or Spa Operations
- Sporting Goods/Equipment
- Tattoo Artists
- Theater or performing arts shows
- Three-Dimensional Installation Art
- Tobacco Related Products
- E-Cigarettes and Smokeless Products (visit our trusted partner)
- Topical Products such as Cosmetics, Lotions, or Soaps—For insurance visit soapguildinsurance.com
- Vitamins, Supplements, or Suppositories
- Weapons, Knives, or Ammunition
If you have a question on whether or not your art or craft qualifies, just give us a call or use our contact form to send us a message and we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Will the costs change over time?
Because you are part of a group insurance program, your business will benefit from the purchasing power of the ACT Insurance Program. It is highly unlikely that your insurance costs will change.
What is an additional insured?
An additional insured is a person or organization that is added to your insurance policy by endorsement.
When you add someone to your policy as an additional insured, you are extending your policy coverages to protect the additional insured from a lawsuit that was caused by your negligence.
In other words, if someone slipped in your booth and broke their arm, the injured person could sue you and the venue. Since the venue is added as an additional insured, your insurance policy would protect both you and the venue in the suit.
Can I add an additional insured after I purchase my policy?
Yes, Just log into your account on the website, and within minutes you can add the additional insured and print off your certificates.
Is there a cost to add an additional insured?
No, there is no cost to add additional insured. You can add as many additional insureds as needed and send them certificates accordingly. All you have to do is log back into your account, and under the policy screen click add additional insured.
What is a deductible?
A deductible is the amount of the loss that is your responsibility. For example, if you have a theft claim of $750, you will be responsible for $250 of the claim. The insurance company will pay you $500. Remember that with the ACT policy there is no liability deductible.
What is additional excess limits?
If you purchase an annual policy with ACT, you qualify to purchase additional excess limits. Additional excess limits allow you to increase the total of your general liability limits on your insurance policy. For only $500, you can purchase an increase of an additional $1,000,000 in coverage. After purchase, your per occurrence and aggregate limits each increase by $1,000,000.
Does my policy automatically renew?
No, your policy does not automatically renew.
How do I renew my policy?
To renew your policy, login to your online account. Click on “My Policies” then click the “Renew” button next to your expiring policy number. The renew button will only be available within 30 days of policy expiration date. Click that button and follow the directions.
Is the renewal price the same as the purchase price?
Yes, the renewal price is the same as the purchase price.
Will I get renewal reminders?
Yes, you will receive reminders to renew your policy. Automatic reminders are emailed to you 30 days, 15 days, and the day before your policy expires.
ACT program benefits
- No Quote Process
- 24/7 Access to Policy Documents
- Convenient Online Purchasing
- Licensed In All 50 States
- Instant Coverage
- No Deductible on Liability Claims
- A+ Rated Insurance Carrier
- Not Premise Specific