New Year’s Resolutions for Artists and Crafters
It’s a new year and that means New Year’s Resolutions. The gyms are going to be packed for about a month (ok, really more like a week), and we’ll all eat a little healthier for a few days until we realize that junk food just tastes much, much better than kale.
But you are an artist and crafter, so your New Year’s resolutions will all likely have something to do with making sure you become better at your work. 2015 is the year that you perfect your craft, and keeping that goal in mind, here are 10 New Year’s Resolutions for artists and crafters.
- Organize your craft room: No, really! This year is the year! Tell your spouse and kids to wipe those smirks off their faces. You are going to buckle down and get it done this year. It should only take a few hours tops…
- Spend less on art supplies: Your spouse and kids are still smirking, huh? Well, this year you are going to spend less on supplies. Sure, you are already planning to make up for the deficit in 2016, but that’s not the point. 2015 is the year you spend less.
- Don’t procrastinate: On second thought, maybe that’s a good New Year’s Resolution for 2016.
- Eat healthier while you’re working: No, you don’t have to take time out of painting or working on your crafts to cook; just make sure that your spouse or close friend has a New Year’s Resolutions to cook healthy food for you to eat while you’re working.
- Eat healthy in general: But first you should probably eat all the remaining junk food in your house just to make sure it’s not there to tempt you.
- Spend more quality time with your family: Hope they all like doing arts and crafts.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff: Unless you happen to drop a needle on the carpet.
- Don’t forget to shave: This applies to the guys out there, too.
- Don’t get mad if your kids break one of your projects: Just take it out of their allowance for the next 10 years.
- Don’t feel bad when all of these resolutions get broken in the first week of January: Nothing else to say.
Do you agree with out list? What other resolutions do you have this year. Please comment below.