The holiday season is upon us once again, and the time has come to buy presents for your friends and loved ones. Yet, it always seems like there’s that one person who is next to impossible to shop for. No matter what you do, you can’t seem to find that perfect gift for them.
If you are looking for a present for an artist or crafter, this can be even more difficult. Sometimes it seems like no matter what you get them, there’s always the thought that they could make the same thing just as nice. Don’t fret! We have compiled a list of 10 gifts that you can get for your artist or crafter this season.
- Magazine Subscriptions: There are many arts and craft magazines to choose from, some of which include “Arts and Crafts Homes and the Revival” or “Elle Decor.” You can also get them magazine subscriptions to other things they may be interested in (sports, nature, history, etc.).
- Gift Cards: Hold on! We’re not just talking a generic gift card here. And before you say gift cards aren’t personal, consider this: your crafters go to some place like Michaels all the time anyway and spend their own money, so why not get them a gift card and help them save a little cash this season.
- Craft Jewelry: Scissor necklaces, tape measure bracelets, and other unique and fun jewelry can be a fun gift to give and receive.
- “Creative Doodling and Beyond”: Really any doodle book will do, but this particular book is full of fun prompts and exercises to help spark the creativity of the artist in your life.
- “Martha Stewart’s Encyclopedia of Crafts”: I know, I know. Not everyone is a fan of Martha Stewart, so this gift might not work in your case, but this book is full of step-by-step guides to create some exciting projects that your crafter will enjoy.
- Moleskine Notebooks: These were the go-to notebooks for artist legends like Vincent van Gogh and Pablo Picasso, and writing legend Ernest Hemingway, as well as many artists and writers today. These notebooks are great for sketching and doodling as well as taking notes.
- Self-Healing Cutting Mats: These mats are great for crafters who are constantly cutting paper, fabrics, and other items because the mat “heals” itself after the crafter cuts on it. No more scratches on the dining room table or workbenches.
Craft of the Month Club: These clubs can be fun for both adults and children. Each month the person who received the gift will get a kit with a new craft for them to do. This is a gift that keeps on giving all year long.
NOTE: Pay close attention to the details before you buy. Some clubs start with an introductory rate and then charge more after the first month. This isn’t necessarily bad, just know what you are buying before you charge your card so you aren’t surprised later on.
- Art and Craft Supplies: Paint, sketching pencils, scissors, fabric - the list could go on and on. After all, artists and crafters need supplies. You can ask the person’s significant other if the person has specific brands or supplies that they prefer.
- A Gift Unrelated to Arts and Crafts: Artists and crafters have other interests besides just arts and crafts. Maybe they love shoes, or are a die-hard fan of football. Finding the other interests of the person is a great way to find a present they will love.
Do you agree with our list? What other presents would you like to see come your way this year? Please comment below.
Note: The links above are provided with the understanding that we do not endorse or stand behind any product mentioned, and we are not affiliated with the brands or stores in any way. The links are simply to help you see the product and get an idea for what the gift could look like.